Edwin Pawlowski

"Patch" wrote in message
I screwed up and left the hose connected to my "freeze-less" outdoor
faucet. Now when I try to use it water shoots out of the fixture. The
shut-off valve still works, so the problem is in the faucet. Is there a
repair kit for these things, or do you need to replace the entire unit? I
can see where it connects to the copper line in the basement. I can't tell
if it will just unscrew or need to be un-soldered.

If it is the outer tube that split, the entire unit has to be replaced.
Mine is soldered in place, but there are threads on the outside so threading
it into a fitting is also an option. Yours may be different. If it is
screwed in place, replacement should be fairly easy. Take out the old,
screw in the new. Use pipe sealant on the threads and, of course, turn the
main water supply off first.