Duane Bozarth

xrongor wrote:

"Duane Bozarth" wrote in message
Harry Everhart wrote:

I have been following your desire to irrigate your yard/garden from a
lake that is 100 feet away and 10 feet down. I may be missing something
- but it seems to me that since you are so close to a lake - you could
sink a shallow well and draw fresh clean water right out of the ground.
My house is on a small lake in Tallahassee ...

Depending on where he is, just because there's a lake doesn't mean
there's shallow underground water of any sizable amount--or any, even...

sure its a possibility. but i wouldnt bet against it. and it's easy enough
to find out considering how much digging and pipe laying it could save.

besides the 'save the planet' project aspect, you could make a good argument
that lake or well water is better for your plants than city treated water
too.

Well, around here I'd bet a bunch against it...of course, there aren't
many lakes, either...