Dave Plowman (News)

In article om,
wrote:
For example, a Safeway supermarket near to me was acquired by
Morrisons.

All Safeway supermarkets were acquired by Morrisons. They didn't
acquire it just because it was near you. I know that's not what you
meant but the fact that you phrase it in that way is typical of your
egocentric nature. Everything's got to be about you. Anyone else
would have said, " When Morrisons took over the local Safeway..."

FFS, if you read the rest of the post, Andy was referring to the one near
him as an example - not necessarily the chain. You'd need to be rather
more than just a customer to analyse the change in direction - if any - of
the group.

Previously, although it was not brilliantly run and the displays were
lacklustre, they did have a profile of products that people wanted to
buy - low end own brands, high end own brands and major brands. I buy
very little prepackaged food, but they had a broad variety of items
from all around the world. We don't have a large ethnic population,
so thae market was clearly to people with a shortage of time who
wanted to try out different things. All of this has been replaced.
They have loaded the shelves with their own cheap products, the high
end ones are all but gone and they have substantially reduced the
ethnic food range and replaced it with pies. The result is that people
are going elsewhere in droves.

--
*If a pig loses its voice, is it disgruntled? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.