xrongor

im tellin ya man, if you want extra insurance dont use the mold resistant
paint...

think of the mold as an indicator that you need more venting.... if you
mask that indicator, you can look forward to rotting wood, peeling paint
(with no mold on it..), mold growing in places you cant see and didnt paint,
etc....

to put it another way, even if the product worked perfectly it only stops it
from growing where you can see it. if you still have moisture problems it
would just prevent you from seeing that its growing. if your bathroom is
properly vented you wont have mold problems hence the paint wont be doing
anything. imho, its a lose lose situation.

just use an eggshell or semi-gloss and wipe it down twice a year.

randy

"traderfjp" wrote in message
oups.com...
I thought about a timer- that is a good idea. I've gone to Sherwinn
Willimas and BM stores. They have good paint and a bathroom mold
resistant paint too. Although, I was told that they can't tint to a
dark color and that I can only get light colors. So once again I ask
my question is a MILDEX additive added to normal paint as good as a
Zinnser of other brand Mold resistant paint. I think I would be an
idiot to do everything else and then not use a mold resistant paint for
extra insurance.