Appliance Repair Aid

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

**Very thin, not much material, nothing toxic when it burns**

**There will be far less chemical reaction than burning candles on

the
dinner table.**

Back peddling now are we....first there was NO toxic reaction and now
there is a little!!??!!

It is just not very practical to repair most older microwaves or any

small
appliance for that matter. I would not spend $30 to fix a $9 toaster

even
though it is not ecologically sound. Nor would I buy a $40 stove

element
because it has a gram of plastic stuck to it. There will be far less
chemical reaction than burning candles on the dinner table.

Any repairs over approx 50% of the cost to replace of a new microwave
is possibly not worth it....but my point was most things that I read
are people are not even told to check it out because a new counter top
one at Wally world is $49.97 so throw it out....that theory will get us
land fills full of microwaves/toasters/kettles/etc which may be even
more toxic than the element burning is.

Sorry, the wool may be pulled over others but not here. Your theory and
?proof? is non existant.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/