Nate Perkins

Andy Dingley wrote in
:

It was somewhere outside Barstow when "Nate Perkins"
wrote:

The Stanley 80 blade does not have a squre edge; it has a 45 degree
bevel on it ... unless mine is defective ;-P

Hmmm - I've got two, both with square edges. Now one's old, but I
thought the other was new-in-box when I got it. Certainly how I
sharpen them they're square edges with hooks.

Hi Andy,

That's strange. Mine's got the 45 bevel, and Patrick's Blood and Gore says
it's standard on the 80. It's hard to imagine how you'd get the burr
facing the right way without the bevel, given that the blade bed angle is
fixed.

I agree with all your previous comments re the overall superiority of the
no 12, though. Someday I'd like to get one of those. Of course I'd also
like one of the Lie Nielsen hand beaders, too (I saw you had recommended
those when I was comparing and searching the wreck archives).

Regards,
Nate