Brian Elfert

Richard Clements writes:

I think steel is stronger, isn't it? when I worked Demo for a summer, the
steel walls where a lot harder to tear down. just one steel stud will flex
and bend etc. be get two or more secured and there very secure, could be
wrong, just what I remebered

I can't imagine steel studs are stronger than wood unless you get into 20
gauge or heavier. Do they even make load bearing walls from steel studs
like they do with wood studs?

The fact that steel studs flex so bad is probably a sign that the studs
are not very strong.

I don't need strong walls for my RV. I just need walls that can hold
wiring and insulation along with holding up cabinets.

Brian Elfert