anita

Just make sure you get that in writing. It varies considerably from

No KIDDING! Get it in writing ! Get it on an addendum that goes along with
the purchase and sale agreement, that EVERYBODY signs off on- sellers
included. Make sure it specified that its an "agreement" and not worded
differently, like offer, gift whatever. Like leave nothing ambiguous.

Make sure its valid for every property you make an offer on.

Make sure your bank will accept your agents commission to be paid towards
closing costs.

Make sure you get copies of EVERYTHING- especially your agreement with the
agent. If you say he is a good friend of yours I suppose all the above
warnings are unnecessary but no harm in getting it in writing - right ?

This is from recent harrowing personal experience -so dont just take for
granted what I've written please at least investigate the above angles
before anything. I still cannot get myself to go through the details of the
deal, suffice to say that we did not get copies of something and when we
got suspicious of intentions things just blew up... Its amazing that we
were even able to salvage the deal, thanks to the "Listing" agent !

Anita