anita

I do understand where the city is coming from when it zones something for
high density residentials... ie., scarce housing equals condos because ppl
gotta have a place to live! I guess my problem is not that I want a big
yard, but WHY I want a yard in the first place. Better neighbourhood/city
planning, with smaller houses, almost no yards, a community playground for
kids and perhaps a pea-patch or something to grow stuff in... But that is
way too utopian or perhaps gasp (!) even the dreaded "left" ideals....
Failing which I guess we've got to make our own way... I wonder what they
do in other countries especially in Europe where high density living is the
norm but yet they all seem to have place to grow up in... have little
backyard gardens, maybe its a stereotype I have no basis for...

just musing
Anita