Drew Cutter

Good , I've got walls on both sides. I know of one other place than lowe
or home depot to check out.

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"Drew Cutter" wrote in message

I asked the local floor store about laminated . They didn't recommend it. I
will do more checking on Saturday. Looking for an inexpensive means of
improving the stairs.

It has to be done right and is not always easy. Mine has been in place for
about 7+ years now with no problems. If you have a stair with one end open,
it is difficult to install and have that end with the balusters look right.

Stairs with a wall on either side are far less problematic. you just cut
the width as needed for a piece for the tread and the nosing, then the
riser.