Steve Scott wrote:

Cross posting eliminated

And restored.

I realize you're not an engineer, Nick, but you sure think like one.

Thanks. Two engineering degrees and 40 years of practice have helped.

I sat with an engineer in his breakfast nook a few nights ago. He
proceeded to tell me why I was wrong...

Sounds like an engineer :-)

A few minutes later while we were discussing other aspects of his
project a surprised look came across his face and he said, "You're
right. My left side (facing the window) IS colder."

It's hard to argue with reality.

We place heat emitters near cold surfaces for human comfort...

It warms them up.

Most humans radiate heat faster to cool surfaces than warmer surfaces.

Humans radiate at the same rate, but warmer surfaces radiate more back.

Are you saying a surface that is colder than we are radiates heat to us?

Absolutely. That's 300 years of settled physics.

Nick