Unknown

When you say a grounded pigtail is that just a bare piece of copper wire
that I'd connect to the green ground screw?

So what I'm picturing is I connect this grounded pigtail, the ground from
the lamp, and the ground from the source all together with a wire nut. Then
I connect the grounded pigtail to the green ground screw. Is that right?

"Andy Hill" wrote in message
"Unknown" wrote:
What about the green ground screw on the light frame? Currently nothing
is
connected to it. There was one bare copper ground wire coming from the
outlet box. I connected it to the ground wire in the lamp.

I'd run a grounded pigtail over to frame ground screw (anything metallic
that
even has the slightest chance of being accidentally energized really needs
to be
grounded -- better a blown breaker than a dead body). You may have to
use a
slightly larger wirenut to connect all three conductors (the incoming
ground,
the pigtail, and the lamp ground wire) together.