al

wrote in message
oups.com...
The bits that screw in the radiator are part of the valve rather than
being part of the rad so the width you want in your case is 600. When
you put new valves on really make sure they've sealed properly!

I took out the radiator today. The only thing "in" the radiator that looks
like I can remove it is about 1cm worth of pipe going into the side of if
(with the locknut around it). Looks like it would probably only extend into
the radiator about another 1-2cm, which is a pretty small amount. Makes me
think a 600mm new one would be too narrow ... however there doesn't appear
to be a 700mm or 650mm standard size.

I've uploaded a couple of (bad!) pics below:

http://www.alanirl.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/hall1.JPG
http://www.alanirl.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/hall3.JPG

Sorry about the exposure ... a lot of bright white surfaces taken with a
flash on a cheap camera! The conical parts going into the main radiator
body are fixed parts of it, not removable. Will a 600mm rad really fit with
just those little other bits in it?