Russ

Default IC tester???

Is there a repair tool that you can put a IC chip into or use a clip with
jumper to connect to the device that will tell you what the chip is and if
the chip is working or not. I have one of those old HP comparators but that
has a lot of limits. I would like something a little more current that
tests newer chips. I saw something on eBay called a Hy-Tronic ??? but
could find no info on it anywhere. There has got to be something like this.
Also along the same lines has anyone seen something like the above where you
can put PAL chips into and the device can determine the program from testing
the inputs and outputs? You would think someone out there would make
something like this.

Thanks
Russ