Albert

Hi Travis,

I hope you will see this, not sure how often you monitor this NG.

I have searched the FCC part 15 document looking for antenna and power
limits at 17 KHz. But, I can't find anything.

Do you have any more information?

Also, are you able to find any information on the Radio Systems
PIF-275, which is a receiver for the IF-100 transmitter you helped me
out with previously.

Thanks,

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 15:18:55 GMT, "Travis Jordan"
wrote:

Albert wrote:
I don't think there is a part 15 regulation for 17 khz. because it's
almost audio frequency. If there was a part 15 for frequencies that
low, they would have to type accept every audio amp that has a
transormer or coil associated with the output, wouldn't they?

The U.S. RF spectrum allocation starts at 9.0khz and unlicensed devices
must conform to Part 15.

9.0 to 14.0khz is allocated for radio navigation use (in the U.S. the
now mostly obsolete Omega system was the largest user of this spectrum).