Jim Behning

I don't know when the last time was I saw a 34" tall bicycle wheel. I
have seen much larger like 60-72" tall on those old time high wheelers
or the more traditional 700c23 which is about 26" tall. My bicycle
would be doing about 375 rpms at 30 miles per hour. Is my math wrong?

wrote:

A bike wheel with a nine foot circumference traveling at 30 miles an
hour turns at roughly 300 RPM. A table saw arbor turns at about ten
times that rate. I have seen bearings fail from too little lubricant,
too much lubricant (causes overheating), and the wrong kind of
lubricant.