Norman D. Crow

"Joe" wrote in message
On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 23:37:13 GMT, "Vic Baron"
wrote:

I know diddly about that saw and have no idea where to get the bearings

but
it just seems to me that the repeated bearing failure is indicative of a
more serious problem than 'bad' bearings. I'd suspect some sort of
alignment defect myself.

That is easy to say but I have aligned the saw with a dial indicator,
have "Pals" on it to get within .002" on the Vega aftermarket fence
and keep it clean and lubricated with high quality lubrication that I
also use on my high tech mountain bike. Also, I have two
arbor/bearing/arbor assemblys that I rotate between when one goes bad.

I think he was referring to a misalignment of the bearings. However, you
said you had a new arbor, bearings, and housing, which should eliminate that
source. Is it possible these bearings just aren't strong enough to do the
job? Seems like repeated replacements of all the critical parts, if the
bearings are still failing, then they aren't up to the job.

--
Nahmie
Those on the cutting edge bleed a lot.