toller

wrote in message
Is your saw one with a motor that hangs out the back on a pivot, like a
contractors saw? I had a friend that kept tightening the bolt that goes
through the curved slot in the motor mount and then he would raise the
blade, putting enormous stress on the belt and motor bearings and arbor
bearings. He ended up ruining the arbor pully and bearings until I told
him to just snug up the bolt just enough to keep the motor from jumping.

Maybe I have been doing it wrong. I just let the motor hang there under its
own weight. Seems to work fine; it that not correct?