Phil at small (vs at large)

Aint no quick way-- Unless you saw them up & make a kiln. Wood air
dries at about 1" a year. Remove the bark--Paint the ends immediately
after cutting-- there are commercial waxes available for this ( ck out
alt.woodturning) I've always used gloss oil based paint. I've had
pretty good luck air drying in the shop after I sawed the boards to
1.5"-- You did not mention what kind of wood nor what you are going to
use it for. Aeromatic Cedar won't need much drying time, but it will
split like crazy if you leave it in the sun
Good luck