George E. Cawthon

For the seller 50 percent of new may not be much
if you don't figure in inflation for an old tool.
A tool that cost $100 40 years ago may be
replaceable for a cost of less than $500 today.
OTOH, a $50 tool bought 40 years ago, may be
replaced by as good or better tool for less than
$20 today. If the seller doesn't want to just
give away a tool, he needs to figure the current
cost of an equivalent and then discount that by
some amount.

Pat Barber wrote:
50% of new is a "starting point" and depending on
how clean and age and goodies thrown in, the price
goes Up or DOWN. Common sense might also come into
play.

Woodchuck34 wrote:

Well, I just ordered my new TS yesterday, with a lot of input from
everyone here. Thanks again.

Now I would like to sell my used Delta 36-600, but how do you figure
out a fair price? Anyone have any suggestions.