Capitol

al wrote:
Talking of garage-conversion/upgrade projects .... anyone recommend a good
make of electric garage door? My fold down one won't fit anymore with my
new car parked in forwards as the boot is too high (the garage is about 10cm
longer than the car ... a close fit indeed!) so I have to rather awkwardly
reverse in, then hop across the seats to get out.

B & Q warehouses are selling a Wayne Doulton (US) sectional electrically
operated door which may meet your requirements. Price was £400 IIRC.
Construction looked to be galvanised, painted steel, without insulation.
Very thin.

Regards
Capitol