Chris Bacon

dave @ stejonda wrote:

I've been quoted GBP200 for effecting a repair to the door - this on a
1994 Peugeot 106 is probably as much as / more than the car is worth. (I
have fully comp' insurance but claiming would be crazy.) Thus I have
wondered whether patching up the holes with a 'plastic metal' type of
product and applying some touch-up paint would be effective (the lock &
door still work) or whether I'd just be being a crazy cheapskate.

It's a £200 car. Buy a good steering lock, don't leave valuables in
the car, fill the holes with filler, prime with a quick spray of top
coat from a spray can, and then give it a blast as far as possible
all over the door, stopping at convenient features if possible to
save paint. The car lock is to avoid the inconvenience of having to
walk/replace should someone steal it! I can't see why you've got FC
insurance, unless it costs you very little.