Sam Goldwasser

BOB URZ writes:

Sam Goldwasser wrote:

"James Sweet" writes:

"Hans Christian" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks everyone for your inputs. The idea is to demonstrate a
programmable hologram. Some additional lenses may be necessary.

Anyway, I just figure that when people repair a projector they must
have a way to trun on the control electronics without the lamp. The
answer is out there.

I'm not sure why one would need/want to fire up the projector without the
lamp to repair it, the lamp is needed to see what's wrong with the thing and
if the lamp isn't firing up that's the first thing to fix.

Maybe if something in the logic or power supply needs to be tested.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Mirror:

Even if he did get the optics on, what about light output?
A collimated projector light is 200 to 400 watts of full spectrum
light. And you want to put a laser in there with a watt or
2 of power? And then have even that small level cut down
by the rotating color wheel. How do you propose to get
by that issue? And how are you going to spread out the laser
enough to cover the area of the image sensor?

No one claimed to be attempting to replace the HID lamp with
a laser, only to be using the DMD/DLP device as a programmable
hologram generator or something along those lines.

Here is a paper which I'm guessing describes what he's interested
in doing:

http://innovation.swmed.edu/research...ation/dh3p.pdf

As a practical matter, DMD/DLP development boards are available
which would make this more straightforward.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Mirror: http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/

traffic on Repairfaq.org.