Asimov

"Mike" bravely wrote to "All" (23 Mar 05 21:48:49)
--- on the heady topic of " B&K E-200D signal generator - no signal"

Mi From: Mike
Mi Xref: aeinews sci.electronics.repair:43944

Mi I have checked the power supply and the voltage levels (10v, 9v) are
Mi okay - a scope on the 10v line looks clean to me, the 9v line seems to
Mi have a little ripple. Could that cause the freq drift in adjusting the
Mi Fine Attenuator knob? I checked the rf level and the attenuator is
Mi doing its job of adding attenuation, it just that it also moves the
Mi signal around a little as you change it. The only other thing that
Mi looks fishy to me are some of the voltages associated with the Q3
Mi modulator (which I replaced). The base according to the schematic
Mi should be 2V, I am getting 3.6v. The emitter should be 1.3, I am
Mi getting 2.86. The collector looks okay at 8.6v (schem shows 8.8).

Clearly too much input biasing voltage so something must overdriving
the transistor. Keep looking upstream of the base for a leaky coupling
electro or something else such as a resistor gone off-value high.

A*s*i*m*o*v

.... I worked hard to attach the electrodes to it.