Brian Elfert

"Teamcasa" writes:

Brian, Very interesting project. For RV use, I would consider using smaller
studs, say 2" x 2". And where loads exist for cabinets and fixtures, I

2x2s would probably work as that is what wood framed RVs are generally
built from. The only reason for thicker studs would be for insulation.
They make special electrical boxes for RVs that fit in a 2x2 wall.

would inlay some plywood or 1" x 4"s for securing the cabinets.
All screws eventually work loose in RVs. I would also consider not using
drywall behind the cabinets and use 1/4" plywood instead. This way you will

Someone else mentioned drywall. I didn't mention drywall and have plans
to use it. 1/4" plywood covered with something is what I am planning to
use. I'm not sure if 1/4" plywood will really hold up cabinets.

Brian Elfert