Leon

"Brian Elfert" wrote in message
"Teamcasa" writes:

As others have said, no unless plywood is added where the cabinets are to
hang.
Why would you want steel studs? Do you live in Hawaii where termites are
significant problem?

Weight. Wood studs are much heavier than steel.

I'm converting a semi trailer to an RV. I plan to use 2x3 metal studs
to frame walls inside of the regular trailer walls. I can then add wiring
and insulation easily. the cabinets will hang on these walls.

Considering the weight of a semi trailer, do you think that wood studs would
make a noticeable difference considering every thing else that will go into
the trailer. Is 14,600 pounds going to be much worse than 14,000 pounds?