Wes Stewart

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 09:50:02 -0500, "longshot"
wrote:

"Brian Elfert" wrote in message
I am building some cabinets to be hung from as yet unbuilt wall.

I want to build the wall from 25 or 26 gauge steel studs (whatever they
sell at Home Depot/Menards) instead of woood studs.

Will screwing the cabinets into the metal studs be enough support?

No, typically plywood is added between the studs & drywall for these
applications

Why? If the cabinets have backs, and are screwed to the studs, why is
this less reliable than screwing a piece of plywood to the same studs?