nospambob

I read the words on French Polishing and read the words then read the
words again. THEN I got Jeff Jewitt video on Hand Applied Finishes
and the words made sense for the first time. Didn't change the words
but maybe put the accent on another syllable.

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 20:34:07 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

If you can read a print, what is the necessity of a video?
And Q2: If you know what you want, why are plans necessary?

Depends on the skill level. Much of what Norm does is geared to the novice
or intermediate level woodworker, or even the guy that wants to, but has
never cut a board. Also the guy that has never read a print. Most of us
have learned fishing, woodworking, cooking, painting, by watching a teacher
or parent.

Seeing how an operation is performed is very valuable. .
Same with the plans. I know how to build a box, but I don't know the best
construction method for everything. I have made many projects without plans
but I learned how to do some of that from using plans in the beginning. We
all have to start someplace.