Larry Jaques

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 08:18:11 -0600, the inscrutable Rex B
spake:

I bought the Homier version.
It was cheapest at $399 plus local tax, no freight since I picked it up
locally at one of their traveling tent sales.

Don't you have to return the entire machine for warranty work?
(Ouch!)

I actually paid less, but that's another story.

Cool.

R8 Spindle. As far as I've determined the machines are absolutely
identical from any vendor save for spindle taper. MicroMark's version
has true inch-dials, at $110 more $.

Who needs 'em when you can add DROs?

I never buy warranties, so that
doesn't appeal to me.

I normally don't, either, but on something which eats gears for lunch,
I thought it might be a good deal. $12 for several sets of $38 gears,
as necessary?

As for the Z-axis, you can get max travel out of
any of them by going to the gas spring from LMS.

Got a URL?

Unlike the 7X minilathe, none of them offer different configurations or
accessories at the base price.

The cheap base price is the key.

TANSTAAFL: There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.
http://diversify.com Gourmet Web Applications