Srgnt Billko

"Eric" wrote in message

With countless tires stored outdoors, rainwater & snowmelt gather in
tires; providing a breeding-ground for mosquitoes; especially with
warmer weather arriving.

Since it is difficult to discard water from tires, one solution is to
cut-off the sidewalls of tires; hence allowing water to drain easily.
This can be done with basic knives available at any hardware and home
improvement stores.

Uh huh, right! and how many sidewalls have you cut? No doubt none!
Idiot, try your own advice before you offer it to others. Lets see
how much you enjoy cutting several thousand sidewalls off of tires.
In fact go ahead and try cutting the sidewalls off of just one tire
and see if that doesnt give you something new to think about...
Eric

LOL - I have tried it - and I'm with you - agree that "findist" has no idea
what he or she is talking about. The "rubber" is tough enough to get thru
but when you hit those steel belts they are a real bugger. Tried skill saw,
saws-all, hand grinder, etc - and eventually decided it was a waste of
time - definately not worth it - not a solution.

An additional benefit can also help with the easy disposal of tires; as
parts of tires can be placed in recycling bins.

Speaking of recycling, tire-recycling initiatives can get a boost; as
the sidewalls of tires (easily available in tire parts) do not contain
steel belts,
which may make sidewalls valued for ease of recycling.