Andy Wade wrote:
Pecanfan wrote:

OK, I've read everything there is to know about the subject on

t'interweb
and I'm significantly more confused than when I first started.

OK, so the things to be included in the supplementary bonding a

bath,
towel rail, pipework to bath and basin taps and (don't forget) the
circuit earth wire (CPC) of the circuit feeding the fan if it's

within
the zones.

Hmm, logically (or even illogically) speaking, would you want to
connect the earth bonding to the cpc of a local circuit, wouldn't this
potentially increase the risk of a live to earth fault, as you have
intentionally moved the protective earth bonding to the close vicinity
of the/any live terminals ?

Or am I just being silly ?!

3. OK, so I connect everything together with earth clamps and bits

of
wire - where does this ultimately need to go back to?

Nowhere, necessarily...

I've read it's NOT a good idea to take this back to the CU.

... but it will find its way back to the CU earth terminal via the

CPC
of the lighting circuit, and any other circuits feeding equipment in

the
bathroom. It's wrong to say "it's NOT a good idea to take this

back
to the CU" - but it's simply not necessary to do this separately.

But if it is taken separately you are not intentionally connecting into
junction boxes with adjacent lives, it goes back to the star terminal
at the cu which only contains earths.

Feel free to shoot me down here, but I have just the same bonding
question. I have bonded all exposed metalwork together in the bathroom,
including to a cold water pipe. I don't particularly want to link into
any local circuits, I was going to take back to the TN-S earth point at
the CU.

Let the local circuits find their own earths back via the RCD/CU !

Cheers

Paul.