Alex \(YMG\)

"Grant Fitzgerald" wrote in message
MM wrote:
On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 11:37:58 +0000, Andy Dingley
And I'm not
going to drive 175 miles there and back to exchange a plank, even
though I doubt they would anyway without the rest of the parts. What
would they do? Remove a plank from a brand-new box? I very much doubt
that. It'd be return the whole chest or nothing.

MM

The last time I bought some flat-pack furniture from Ikea, one of the
panels was damaged. I went back to the store with the panel and they
opened a new box up and gave me another one. They've also done the same
for me when I was missing a part.

I've never had any trouble with anything purchased from Ikea, aside from one
time when I opened a box to discover half the panels smashed with dirty foot
prints on them.

I wrote them a polite email explaining the problem - without fuss they (in a
huge HGV!) delivered a new bedside table straight to my door and collected
the replacement - considering I am a good 100 mile round trip from this
particular store I thought that was excellent service. When I wrote to them
to thank them they actually took the time to write an individual reply, and
passed my thanks on to those who were directly involved with my 'case'.

A+ for Ikea!

Alex