Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
RichardS wrote:
To be honest, if the thing's been kept flat and dry and still it bowed
then I think you're onto a non-starter in the long run. If you manage
to flatten it using moisture then when it dries out again and reaches
equilibrium then there's a good chance it will bow again.

Yes - these sort of boards tend to be made of battens of solid timber glued
together then veneered. Unlikely to be just a solid chunk of wood. And
they're done like that to make warping unlikely. So if it has, it's faulty,
and I doubt you'll get it straight again for any length of time.

--
*A 'jiffy' is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.