Gary J Tait

On 23 Mar 2005 12:11:43 -0800, wrote:

Hi Folks,
I have a San Jose CD/MP3 car stereo that I would desperately like
to repair. The part in question is an LA4743B, manufactured by Sanyo.
The part is discontinued. It is a 45W, four channel(bridge) power
amplifier in a 25-pin single-row plastic package(w/integrated
heatsink). I am having a really hard time find this part because it is
discontinued(unless I buy like 300 of them from an overstock locator).
Can anyone recommend a replacement part? I believe these are used in
Clarion head units also. If it helps, the Sanyo datasheet is at:
http://service.semic.sanyo.co.jp/sem.../ENN6630_d.pdf

Thanks so much,
-Jamie K

I would forget about the amp chip, and use and external amp.