Tim Schwartz

George,

While I'm no expert, here is one possibility. There is a possibility
of incompatibility between your display and the device you are
connecting to it. For example, I wanted to hook up a DVD player to the
DVI input on my ACER LCD screen. Unfortunately the monitor is not
"HDCP" compliant, and the 2 do not talk to each other, as this is a 2
way link.

I can not tell you about the devices that you are trying to connect,
just one possibility to look at. I also do not know anything about the
various protocols.

As a friend used to say "Standards are great - There are so many to
choose from."

Regards,
Tim Schwartz
Bristol Electronics

George wrote:

Hi,

I have a weird problem: my Samsung SyncMaster (DVI connection) has the
following behaviour:

- when connected to the computer, green light is blinking, screen
remains black (computer switched on or off)
- when connected and computer on, the computer recognizes the monitor
(so there is some communication)
- when the DVI cable is not plugged in, the "no signal" box appears on
the screen: perfect quality and it touches when bouncing the box
almost every part of the screen, so the screen just works
- in all cases: menu does not work, when I press the button, nothing
happens

Seems like a problem with the monitor as the menu isn't working
either, so I expect the video card to be ok.

Is there anyone that had a similar problem before and knows how to
deal with it?

George