Teamcasa

"Brian Elfert" wrote in message
I am building some cabinets to be hung from as yet unbuilt wall.

I want to build the wall from 25 or 26 gauge steel studs (whatever they
sell at Home Depot/Menards) instead of woood studs.

Will screwing the cabinets into the metal studs be enough support?

Brian Elfert

As others have said, no unless plywood is added where the cabinets are to
hang.
Why would you want steel studs? Do you live in Hawaii where termites are a
significant problem?

Dave

http://www.usenet.com