WillR

Brian Elfert wrote:
I am building some cabinets to be hung from as yet unbuilt wall.

I want to build the wall from 25 or 26 gauge steel studs (whatever they
sell at Home Depot/Menards) instead of woood studs.

Will screwing the cabinets into the metal studs be enough support?

Brian Elfert

Is the wall in the basement? If so then no - too much rust potential. I
would _guess_ at the same issue in a kitchen. Others may have different
opinions.

....Otherwise someone else can answer as I don't know. But if I were
making the wall I would install cross bracing where I was going to place
the wall and "make it work". Probably by making sure those studs had
"hangers".

--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek