JGS

Dry Spray occurs when the paint droplets are almost dry when they hit the
surface. Often caused by spraying an area too far from the gun. Cheers, JG

MVG wrote:

The paint I'm using is Sherwin-Williams "PROCLASSIC waterborne interior
acrylic gloss enamel". The can gives no recommendations on any sprayer
other than an airless system. I have diluted it with water to the
maximum viscosity that will still allow the siphon to operate and get a
decent rate of flow.

I wonder if it would help to dilute it further to get a higher
flow/thicker coat?

What does "not enough fluid" mean? And "dry spray"?

Thanks for more help on this! I hate to resort ot a clearcoat unless I
have to.