Rex B

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 14:18:47 -0600, the inscrutable Rex B
spake:

Uh, yeah. 150-lb benchtop minimill, of the oriental persuasion.

Which did you buy (and why), Rex? I've been eyeing the info on
http://www.mini-lathe.com/Mini_mill/...s/versions.htm and
http://www.littlemachineshop.com/Inf...ll_compare.php just
in case I find my crowbar and break out the wallet some day soon.
The HF looks to have the longest Z travel and I can get a lifetime
warranty through the local (25 miles away) store, so that looks to
be the most solid bet for me.

I bought the Homier version.
It was cheapest at $399 plus local tax, no freight since I picked it up
locally at one of their traveling tent sales.
I actually paid less, but that's another story.
R8 Spindle. As far as I've determined the machines are absolutely
identical from any vendor save for spindle taper. MicroMark's version
has true inch-dials, at $110 more $. I never buy warranties, so that
doesn't appeal to me. As for the Z-axis, you can get max travel out of
any of them by going to the gas spring from LMS.

Unlike the 7X minilathe, none of them offer different configurations or
accessories at the base price.

--
- -
Rex Burkheimer