John

Default Baxi Solo 2 PF 80 boiler won't fire up

"Dave Burleigh" wrote in message
Grateful for any pointers.

My Baxo Solo 2 PF 80 boiler for some time has taken a long while to
fire up. Today it hasn't made it :-(

It seems it does not readily establish a solid pilot flame. 3 out of
the 4 lights come on, the piezo cycles and I see it sparking. The
pilot flame flicks and licks and occasionally becomes substantial
enough for the main valve to open for the merest fraction of a second,
long enough for the piezo to stop (perhaps just missing a single
click), the burner on light blinks and the main valve shuts.

It has been taking 5-10 mins to light properly once the main burner
gets a decent chance. Then the boiler seems to cycle OK as its
thermostat shuts it down and then starts it up. But once cold, it has
trouble again.

A new gas valve was fitted 18 months ago in an attempt to cure this
behaviour, the Corgi engineer experienced with Baxi (or so he claimed)
citing common problems with its diaphragm. All I could say is that the
problem eased for a while, but was never "cured", to the extent that
the boiler would reliable start with the first few piezo clicks.

What do you reckon is the troublesome part?

Start at the simple end and check your pilot injector (jet) is clean and
clear