Morris Dovey

AAvK wrote:

Currently I am mulling through the design of my bench while I
slowly get it built. No grand master here by any means, just a
learner, and I fully agree with you, that by getting into
woodworking one should build their own bench to begin with.
Mine will be ..."different".

Designing workbenches can be as much fun as using them - and the
benches I've liked best have all been designed and built by their
owner.

Speaking of "different", I was playing with a joinery idea last
year and couldn't resist the temptation to incorporate it into a
design for a lightweight utility bench (think "assembly table")
with two full shelves. I thought I might put a store bought maple
top on it if/when I ever build it.

I put it on a commercial web page, but you might find it
interesting anyway... (link below)

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar