larry moe 'n curly

Higglity wrote:
Are Kenmore Electric Water Heaters (Sears) any good?
I heard that they are made by State Industries?

The Feb. 2005 Consumer Reports had an article about water heaters.
They gave no specific ratings but said that heaters with longer
warranties were generally better built (more insulation, longer or more
anodes), but the Whirlpool 9- and 12-year 40-gallon gas heaters were
identical.

www.waterheaterrescue.com lots of information about water heaters and
also a Q&A forum. Apparently they prefer buying a cheap heater and
replacing the anode rod(s) every five years or so, and I've heard of
people getting heaters to last thirty years by doing this.

I bought an electric with a 9-year warranty a few months ago from
Sears, and it was made by State, complete with the pressure relief
valve on the exact wrong side for my particular installation. It
has two anodes, one on the hot water outlet and another that goes into
its own hole

Remember to use the discount coupon from the Sears calendar. They
range from $5 to $50, but I think that the only one that can be used
for a heater-only purchase currently is for just $5.