Edwin Pawlowski

"Jag Man" wrote in message
. com...

There was nothing to that effect when we installed our GE refrigerator
& Everpure system
in 1996. They must be responding to complaints, but we have had no
problems.
Which is more than I can say for the old Kenmore without RO water, for
which we replaced
the icemaker several times due to buildup of deposits. No such buildup
occurs
with RO.

From the GE manual;
When connecting your refrigerator to a GE

Reverse Osmosis Water System, the only

approved installation is with a GE RVKit. For

other reverse osmosis water systems, follow

the manufacturer’s recommendations.

If the water supply to the refrigerator is from

a Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration System

AND the refrigerator also has a water filter,

use the refrigerator’s filter bypass plug. Using

the refrigerator’s water filtration cartridge in

conjunction with the RO filter can result in

hollow ice cubes and slower water flow from

the water dispenser.

This is from the KA manual.

IMPORTANT: The pressure of the water supply coming out of a

reverse osmosis system going to the water inlet valve of the

refrigerator needs to be between 30 and 120 psi (207 - 827 kPa).

If a reverse osmosis water filtration system is connected to your

cold water supply, the water pressure to the reverse osmosis

system needs to be a minimum of 40 to 60 psi (276 - 414 kPa).

If the water pressure to the reverse osmosis system is less than

40 to 60 psi (276 - 414 kPa):

 Check to see whether the sediment filter in the reverse

osmosis system is blocked. Replace the filter if necessary.

 Allow the storage tank on the reverse osmosis system to refill

after heavy usage.

 If your refrigerator has a water filter cartridge, it may further

reduce the water pressure when used in conjunction with a

reverse osmosis system. Remove the water filter cartridge.

See “Water Filtration System.”