Jag Man

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
om...
Many refrigerators with an ice maker state not to use it with an RO

system.
Something about tee pressure drops and the solenoid valve for the

ice
maker. You may want to check that out beforehand.

There was nothing to that effect when we installed our GE refrigerator
& Everpure system
in 1996. They must be responding to complaints, but we have had no
problems.
Which is more than I can say for the old Kenmore without RO water, for
which we replaced
the icemaker several times due to buildup of deposits. No such buildup
occurs
with RO.

RO is probably the best way to purify the water, but some people say

it
tastes too flat as all the minerals have been removed.

No accounting for tastes :-) We like it. Rather than shelling out
for a 2nd RO
unit we put an Everpure single-cartridge system in the master bath 2
years ago.
It's an HR 100 as I recall, supposedly used in restaurants etc. for
soft drink
make-up water and coffee. Probably an activated carbon filter
basically.
In the middle of the night we still wander down the hallway
to get a drink in the kitchen! In our remodel of the other bathroom,
now in progress,
I will tap off the line to the refrigerator so our guests will get the
good stuff!

Ed