Stormin Mormon

Please remit $47.50 consultation fee. Unless we come out to the house and
help with the work, and then it's $197.99. Who's your plumbing insurance
carrier, and policy number? We'll have to call for verification and
validation of your policy limits, and the applicability of this coverage in
your state. In the meantime, would you please take this clip board and fill
it out in duplicate on both sides, sign and date, and return to the
receptionist?

Oh, remember -- use two pipe wrenches. Turning in different directions. The
one on the "staying still" pipe keeps the stationary pipe from coming out of
the fitting which is out of sight. I've heard this called crossbracing, or
cross bucking. It's kinda like having your anaesthetist hold the pt's leg
while you saw on it. Keeps things from moving. I'm guessing you don't want a
leak way into the wall where you can't get to it.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"mike" wrote in message

That would be ideal.

What's keeping me from doing it is a fear that if things go wrong there,
there's no where else to go (without help and $$).

If I start a little distal to that, I have some extra space to get
things right. That's why I figured I'd start at a joint, if that goes
wrong I'll have room to cut the pipe and try to thread what's left.

If, however, I get the first joint apart easily (I can dream, can't I?),
I may get brave and take it back to the shut off.

Thanks to everyone for their help. As always this group is a great
resource.

Mike