RicodJour

Fred wrote:
I did some touch ups with both flat and semi-gloss on interior walls

that
was painted 18 months ago. The paint were from the same cans that

were used
on the existing walls so you can't get a better match. The flat touch

up
didn't look too bad but the semi-gloss looks like a bad touch up job.

The
touch up the semi-gloss is glossier than the rest of the wall when

viewed at
different angles. I ended up painting the whole room due to a couple

of bad
touch up spots. Any tricks in matching with the existing paint?

Nothing foolproof, but I learned a trick from an oldtime painter years
ago. You want to feather out the repair with an almost dry roller.
Paint just the patch with the first coat, then on the next two coats
expand the coverage area with a thinner (less paint on the roller)
application - each coat covering a larger area. Essentially you're
softening or spreading out the transition from new to old. It makes
the patch less noticeable.