Tim C

Hey, different is good. The only things that all good workbenches have in
common and that are essential a

1) Solid construction.
2) A heavy duty top that is very true.
3) Something to hold wood in place so you can work on it.... A good
woodworking vise or two being the obvious first choices. (A front vise
holds wood in any position you need. An end vise holds wood so that it
doesn't slide off the bench)

Have fun!

Tim...I have many times dipped into your site to check it out in the
past, and now to see the latest improvments, really appreciate it.
Currently I am mulling through the design of my bench while I slowly
get it built. No grand master here by any means, just a learner, and I
fully agree with you, that by getting into woodworking one should
build their own bench to begin with. Mine will be ..."different".