DanG

Latex requires a heavy duty dedicated HVLP system. I would say a
3 stage, 4stage preferred. If you are using a single stage rig,
you have diluted the stuff almost to water.

Gloss paint work requires a continuous full wet coat. It is an
art to apply a full wet coat without runs. A good automotive
painter earns his keep.

(top posted for your convenience)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"MVG" wrote in message
ups.com...
The paint I'm using is Sherwin-Williams "PROCLASSIC waterborne
interior
acrylic gloss enamel". The can gives no recommendations on any
sprayer
other than an airless system. I have diluted it with water to
the
maximum viscosity that will still allow the siphon to operate
and get a
decent rate of flow.

I wonder if it would help to dilute it further to get a higher
flow/thicker coat?

What does "not enough fluid" mean? And "dry spray"?

Thanks for more help on this! I hate to resort ot a clearcoat
unless I
have to.