Backlash

Default Civil War woodworking

Since it's built of wood, I thought I would introduce the group to a project
being constructed at the moment here in my hometown. It is a full scale
replica of a Civil War gunboat that was built here in the 1860's to fight
for the Confederacy. The remains of the original gunboat are also on display
here by the State. This new gunboat construction was started as a private
venture by locals. The idea is to promote Civil War tourism in the area, as
there were 2 battles here within a few miles of town. These battlefields are
also being preserved and promoted. In fact, I happen to live smack in the
middle of one of them. I've often found bullets and shrapnel just digging in
the yard for home projects.

The link is
http://www.cssneuseii.com/

Hope you find this interesting,