DoN. Nichols

In article ,
R.H. wrote:
Just posted a few mo

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

O.K. Posting from rec.crafts.metalworking again.

302) Looks like a tool for cleaning out grooves -- perhaps grooves
in tongue-and-groove flooring, based on the size. Perhaps
something else. Looks a little too narrow for use in pointing
brickwork, but that may be it.

303) Hmm ... Deitzgen makes optics for microscopes, among other
things. Is there any optical path though the bottom sleeve?

Guesses a

1) Something designed to split an image from a microscope
into three paths, to allow each to be photographed
through a separate filter to make color separation
photographs.

2) Something to divert a laser beam (coming in through the
slot) into one of three paths. Or maybe even all three
at once to set up a complex set of beams which recombine
to allow comparison of phase after being acted on by
things in all three paths.

304) Another device for joining two pieces of wood -- end to end,
or edge to edge. Similar in function to the other from last
week.

305) It looks to me like part of a trap for a reasonably large and
powerful critter. It is missing the springs, and the jaws, at a
minimum.

Or -- it could be part of a wagon tongue.

306) It certainly looks like a ring for a fairly large finger.

307) This one I am sure of. It is a trammel point (used in pairs on
a yardstick (or a steel bar, in this case, I think) to make a
particularly long divider. The knurled knob at the upper left
is to clamp it to the yardstick, and the knurled knob near the
bottom center (both in the upper photo) is to make fine
adjustments in the position of the point.

The other one of the pair may be identical, or may have a holder
for a pencil or pen point, depending on the kind of measurement
or layout work being done. Pencil for marking wood, pen for
drafting, another steel point for layout in layout dye on metal
workpieces.

Now to see what the other two (so far) have said.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564